Have your say on election day!
If you’re eligible to be on the electoral roll but you have not yet enrolled, or have not updated your enrolment details, you will not have a say at the state (as well as federal and municipal) elections. You may also be fined.
- The next State Election is Saturday November 29, 2014;
- The next Municipal Election is Saturday November 24, 2012 (Residents in Albert Park State District are either in the City of Port Phillip or the City of Melbourne);
- A Federal Election could be held anytime from now until 2013 (Residents in Albert Park State District are all in the Federal Seat of Melbourne Ports).
Remember, enrollment and voting in elections is compulsory.
You must enrol to vote if you:
- have lived at your current address as your principal place of residence for at least one month; and
- are an Australian citizen; and
- are 18 years or older (you can also enrol when you are 17 years old and vote when you turn 18).
Avoid a fine by following these steps:
- Step 1: Check if you’re on the electoral role here.
Step 2: Download and print the enrollment form
Step 3: Fill in the relevant details.
Step 4: Submit your form to one of the VEC’s offices. For a list click here. You can also fax your completed form to (03) 9277 7126.
If you don’t have access to a printer please email us at email@example.com and we’ll happily send you a copy.
Or call us on (03) 96467173 if you have any questions about filling out the form.
For further information visit the Victorian Electoral Commission’s website.